Quick Snack Ideas for Kids
One of my goals for 2012 is to be more active on my blog. For some reason, I turn each blog posting into some giant project, conducting loads of research and testing recipes and web links, and they often don’t end up posted for lack of time to finish with the editing. I have decided that it is important to get information out there, even if it is short and sweet. That is what this post is all about!
Here is a quick list of healthy snack ideas for you and your kids:
- Dates stuffed with almonds (preferably soaked and dried)
- Raw cheese with apple or pear slices
- Apples with nut butter
- Veggie sticks with guacamole (homemade or Trader Joe’s for a quick fix)
- Cottage cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes (when in season)
- Olive tapenade on rice crackers
- Turkey slices rolled up with cheese, guacamole, or veggie sticks in side
- Quick nori rolls: nori sheet with cream cheese, smoked salmon, cucumber, rolled up!
- Sauteed apples and pears in butter with walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Chocolate, banana, coconut smoothie: frozen banana, coconut cream, almond butter, vanilla, ice, cashews, ice
- Energy nuggets
There it is! Please let me know if you would like details about any of the above mentioned items.